Monday, January 24, 2011

Rediscovering the Inner Child

1) Central Idea of Photo: The central idea I wanted to focus on was to recapture a moment where as we get older, we begin to lose what's precious to us, our inner child. As we grow older, we begin to lose bits of ourselves. I wanted to use a darker tone on the outsides of the photo in order to incorporate nostalgia to be able to capture what's truly important in our lives as it defines who we are. The Power Ranger and Robot plush toys assist in defining who the person was as a child, someone who enjoyed action. In addition, the dirty old toys bring the impression that the person is attempting to relocate who he was as a child. When things go down through our lives, our inner child helps guide us through the good times and ultimately gives us a helping hand to make us stronger, happier, brighter. This is why the person is smiling as he has rediscovered who he was when he was a child as he smiles brightly while he has reunited with his past friends.
2) Progression of Development Toward Theme: My images contribute to the development of my theme because it shows how every person no matter what their status might be can re-tap into their inner child, rediscovering who they were when they were younger in order to reach a brighter future when things fell apart. This image truly captures the moment of happiness as he attempts to reestablish who he is, internally and externally. My idea has still stayed pinpoint as I still want to capture more events with children or inanimate objects that define what or who children truly are. My progress of development toward my theme is still weak as I haven't fully captured who children are and what defines them.

No comments:

Post a Comment