Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Studio Lighting

The Simple Things
Reflection: Within the photo "The Simple Things", I used a shutter speed of 250 and a f-stop of 4. I decided to use this title because the simple things such as a flower is what makes life worthwhile due to its texture and beauty. This assignment that was given to me was interesting but at the same time it was hard to print due to the dark background. I decided to do a close-up because it would put a better impact on whoever is seeing this photo, nonetheless showing the flower and Mark close up made the photo a great sense of texture. The value of the picture had a lot of shadows and not that much light source. While printing, I had difficulty dodging Mark's right face, I believe his the right side of his face is still dark, but then again it's acceptable. My focal point on this photograph is the flower, I wanted to show the simplicity of life. This photo was displayed in a figurative aspect, however having an abstract form of this picture would be interesting to do. This work was done intentionally because I wanted to portray how the simple things in life is what truly matters. I believe my work was a success because I was able to capture Mark while he was posing for the camera with the flower, having the flower there is what made the photo "spark."

Bumble-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment