Thursday, February 18, 2010

Brushes Assignment- Period 6

Reflection: Within the "brushes assignment", I had a difficult time getting my composition to be what I wanted it to be. The thing was that I didn't exactly know what I wanted in the picture. I knew that we had to make ourselves the focal point, but getting the right amount of colors and the specific type of brush was the difficult thing. During the process, I believe I got the hang of the brushes, but I still had trouble getting the supportive colors and brushes. I decided to use green and black because the colors seem to have a great mixture and the contrast seemed to go along. My idea was to get some circles that had repetition so I decided to use green circles in the middle and black circles on the bottom. Afterward the top of the picture seemed too plain so I wanted to get something that would support the focal point. Using the ink brushes, I felt like that was the best part of the photo, even though the focal point is supposed to be the best part. After putting a couple of ink brushes on the top, I decided to use the eraser to remove some of the ink that was used in order to portray a blackish smoky substance on the top. By doing so, I was able to make the photo somewhat dirty. Overall I had a difficult time doing this assignment and I felt like composing the photo was chaotic. In the future, I would definitely like to do more of these assignment because by doing more, I would get a better idea of composing my work and will most likely help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment