Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shallow Depth of Field Assignment

"The Hook"
Reflection: In the photo of "The Hook", I used a f-stop of 8 and a shutter speed of 1000. The objects that were used in this photo was a bottle opener, how convenient is that? Anyhow, the object is somewhat close for the audience while the background is blurred, however you can still see Kevin. The work is in an figurative aspect to put a stronger impact on the audience. Within the photo, Kevin is holding a bottle opener that is supposedly supposed to be a hook to signify that people should not mess with him due to his immense power of the hook. The tone of the photo is rather contrasting, but I tried to make the tree lighter, as that was my intentional idea. The image is in focus and this was done intentionally to bring out the shallow depth of field effect. The image is rather light in some areas and dark in others because as I was developing my film, I was not able to bring out all black and white tones I needed to make the photo look much better. The photo was taken outdoors due to the fact I like the outside atmosphere and the background from the outside would have been better than the inside. I believe my work was not a success because I was not able to develop the film correctly and I believe I could have taken a better photo than "The Hook".


"Demented"

No comments:

Post a Comment